Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Govinda and Aishwarya Rai come together in Mani Ratnam's next

by Rajiv Dutta

Govinda and Aishwarya Rai come together in Mani Ratnam's next


After doing comic roles for almost a decade, Govinda has bagged a Mani Ratnam film. Govinda has been signed for a pivotal part in the Abhishek Bachchan-Aishwarya Rai starrer that will go on floors by the year-end.

Confirming this startling development, Govinda who's currently nursing his daughter Narmada after her facial surgery, expresses deep gratitude for being presented with a second innings as an actor.

"I had almost disappeared from the scene and was pulled back from the doldrums in the nick of time by my friends like Salman Khan and a few others," he says.

Expressing his happiness over being roped in by Ratnam, he says, "I am actually doing a film with him! Isn't it every actor's dream to work with him? We met recently and I heard about my role.

It is an interesting and a powerful role." So does it have a comic streak? "It is not comic by any standard. Mani is making an intense film. My role will definitely surprise people," he adds.

Having worked with Aishwarya once, Govinda is now looking forward to work with Abhishek. "I've done Albela with Aishwarya, but never worked with Abhishek. Whenever I happen to meet them socially, they're both so nice to me.

In fact, I'm a big fan of the Bachchans, especially Amitji, with whom I've done Bade Miyan Chote Miyan. Now I'm going to work with Amitji's son. That's a happy occasion for me," says Govinda.

Any trepidation since Abhishek is known to share an amazing rapport with Ratnam? "Dekhiya bhaiyya, I've seen too much in life to be scared of competition. I feel I should do my job and leave the rest to destiny.

Besides, I have a wonderful role and Mani sure seems to be a humble and a down-to-earth person, just like I am. Hamare jaise log bahut vulnerable hote hain. I've been taken full advantage of, all my life.


But I've now reached a stage where I've gathered all the stones that are hurled at me and I'm using them to build a nice house for myself," he says.

However elated Govinda might be about working with Ratnam, he has not forgotten old friends. He is currently working with Vashu Bhagnani and David Dhawan in Do Knot Disturb. He has also completed a film with director Jagmohan Mundhra titled Excuse Me, Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...